ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio Commentary for new runs  (Read 16247 times)
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« on: July 08, 2010, 12:09:51 AM »

As a couple people did with Pokey's run, I think every new Zelda run that gets pumped out of here should be given some form of audio commentary.  I think this should stand for every run we do, including IL's, segmented runs, and runs we have no intention of submitting to SDA, not just full game SS runs.

I'm not saying that every run we make has to have commentary.  But basically, if there are people that want to commentate, I think it should be done.  After all, it can't hurt to do it, right?

Basically what I was thinking of doing is using this thread as a home base for all runs that people want commentary for, what runs people are willing to commentate, and setting up teams for major runs in the future (ZFG's MST run and Jiano's sub-2, for instance) that will definitely end up with commentary, whether the authors of the runs like it or not.  (Though, I imagine that if ZFG finishes any time soon, the team of commentators will likely be the same as it was for Pokey's old run - Runnerguy, Pokey, Jiano, Cosmo, RingRush)

Thoughts on the idea?

Also, I'm probably gonna do commentary for my TMC run, but if I have to do it alone I'm gonna kill myself.  Anybody interested in doing commentary with me?

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »

As a couple people did with Pokey's run, I think every new Zelda run that gets pumped out of here should be given some form of audio commentary.  I think this should stand for every run we do, including IL's, segmented runs, and runs we have no intention of submitting to SDA, not just full game SS runs.

I'm not saying that every run we make has to have commentary.  But basically, if there are people that want to commentate, I think it should be done.  After all, it can't hurt to do it, right?

Basically what I was thinking of doing is using this thread as a home base for all runs that people want commentary for, what runs people are willing to commentate, and setting up teams for major runs in the future (ZFG's MST run and Jiano's sub-2, for instance) that will definitely end up with commentary, whether the authors of the runs like it or not.  (Though, I imagine that if ZFG finishes any time soon, the team of commentators will likely be the same as it was for Pokey's old run - Runnerguy, Pokey, Jiano, Cosmo, RingRush)

Thoughts on the idea?

Also, I'm probably gonna do commentary for my TMC run, but if I have to do it alone I'm gonna kill myself.  Anybody interested in doing commentary with me?

I'd love to commentate with you, I don't know the game very well though. But even so it could be fun.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Glitched!
Regular Guay

I glitch a lot except for vine clipping

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:56:12 AM »

Ill give it a go

GRRRR! Stupid vine clip y won't u work
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:09:33 AM »

I'd love to commentate with you, I don't know the game very well though. But even so it could be fun.

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »

I know for a fact that no one will want to commentate on my run when I'm done but that's probably for the best anyway...

Either way I'd be willing to do commentary on any runs that need it (provided that the run isn't too long Tongue)

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
stew500
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 02:13:52 AM »

I've been doing this Smiley

Ohhh yeah own sauce all over your body! From speedzelda I do the runsy'ees. www.youtube.com/speedzelda
stew500
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 02:17:23 AM »

OH AND ING iv'e been excited for your run for a while now and I would gladly commentate on it!

Ohhh yeah own sauce all over your body! From speedzelda I do the runsy'ees. www.youtube.com/speedzelda
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:02 AM »

I'd commentate on your run ing.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »

lol i made that post a long time ago... back then i was running oot and trying to do mst on the pal version xD so that's why

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 01:43:48 AM »

I think we should all commentate on guanos old TAS, preferably after not watching it in a long time to LOL at how awful it is.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 01:45:49 AM »

heh, sounds like a good idea zfg, we should get like everyone who still plays zelda to commentate at the same time Cheesy

stew500
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »

I'd do it

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

I'd do it

same.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Swordless Link
Regular Guay

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »

I would definitely be down for that. That thing is hilarious.

<%Swordless> Klyde is just trolling
<KlydeStorm> ^
joe40001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 07:15:27 AM »

I've noticed there exists potential interest beyond speed runners

The problem is from viewing some of your videos with commentary is that it's designed to cater to other speed runners and not to the general public.

Anyway it's no coincidence that the videos with easily the most views are the ones with more casual discussion going on (see Jiano's majora's mask video) with that in mind I'd like to participate in the commentary for a pre-recorded speed run. I've showcased a few times in stand up comedy and I appreciate what it means to remain interesting as a performer. Commentaries need to be casual and I do not intend to change that up, but I simply feel if I could maybe be a co-recorder on a video it might help to make the viewer/listener feel more like they have somebody they can relate to in the room. Because let's be honest as far as those who appreciate speed running jargon, it is very small. But those who appreciate video games (like myself) the demographic expands quite considerably.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: