ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:30:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Speed Running MM any %.  (Read 4898 times)
PuGGy
Deku Scrub

« on: March 12, 2015, 06:56:40 AM »

Hello everyone!

I am new to speed running but I want to learn MM any %. I have the JP version for Wii VC. Before I even attempt to do any runs, I want to learn all the glitches individually first (duh). I was mostly wondering what is the best way to just specifically practice stuff like pause buffering, ISG, Bomb hovering, etc. Do I simply have to reset every time I fail hms skip? Do I have to constantly reset to get more bombs and go to a specific location to practice isg and hovering there or is there an easier way? I just want to be able to grind these specific glitches out and practice them with as little down time in between. Any advice is helpful! Thank you!

PuGGy
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »

Hi.
You can find Gecko Cheat-Codes, that help you practice. They can give you e.g. the ability to levitate, infinite bombs/ammo, etc.
There are several topics in this forum and the OoT one on how to set it up, and which codes to use, you should be able to find help there.

Have fun.
PuGGy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:59:13 PM »

I managed to get the gecko codes working on my Wii so that's great (: Thank you
PuGGy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »

Does anyone happen to have an easier route for JP VC that I can practice to get used to it before I start doing the most optimal one?
VPP
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 02:16:53 PM »

By most optimal do you mean the Grotto WW route? You can do a route that basically is; no rupees in cycle 1, after hidden owl exit SCT and proceed to swamp (timestop at the gossip stone to skip CS), SoDT when you enter southern swamp, get bottle, skip big octo, get song of soaring, get sonata. then SoS to mountain village and the rest is the same
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: