ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:23:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: video proof for submitting speedruns questions  (Read 4370 times)
DAHgaming
Deku Scrub

BUT BEN!

Email
« on: March 02, 2015, 02:25:17 AM »

Alright, so I'm speedrunning mm3d, right? So I have a question; usually, you need video proff to submit a speedrun. I don't have a capture card to record with. I have a phone. I have tried proping up the phone on my desk over the side of the desk, and several things, however, it is uncomfortable, and distracting to me, and that means I do worse. How should I show video proof... While it is effective, and comfortable, and feels like a normal speedup?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:26:48 AM by DAHgaming » Logged

Only Ben is the answer, for he is eternal, as is the water he drowned in.
hcbboyhammer12
Deku Scrub

Link's Financial Advisor

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:58:26 AM »

I have run into the same problem, and although I have gotten used to having my phone in an uncomfortable position, I have thought of a solution to your problem. The next best thing to video is a picture, right? So let's say that every, let's say 5 minutes, during the run, you take a picture of what is going on at that moment in your run. Then, you could compile all of the pictures into a slideshow of sorts, which you in turn upload as a video. BOOM. "Video proof" Get!
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »

Huh? Sorry but anyone could take pictures, say that their run is 20 minutes and it could actually be 10 hours. Videos are not required for submitting a run. However, a slideshow of photos is in no way proof of a time.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:25:35 AM »

Really if you want video proof, you either gotta get a capture board, or make yourself some kind of rig that lets you record off-screen and play at the same time.

The guys over in OoT3D have a thread talking about their setups, check it out if you want ideas/inspiration:
http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=865.0

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: