ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina of Time any% discussion thread  (Read 9921 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« on: February 09, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »

I'm interested in any% and I want to make it as good as possible! I've been working on the TAS route a little bit but I don't want to ignore the RTA. For the record, the point in this thread is to discuss the any% route, any timings, possible strats, advancements, etc.

At the moment with the new GIM stuff we have 3 potential routes:

1. Deku tree bottle
2. Kakariko bottle
3. Zora's Domain bottle

We think 1. is quickest, supposedly ZFG timed it to be 9 seconds quicker? If anyone has the exact timings or breakdown then please post it here because I think it would be useful for us all to see the timings. Number 3 isn't ready for RTA yet and is still being worked on a lot but it's a potential route anyway.

To give you an idea about 3, I made a video recently showing how a TAS would do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kHotl7aqgg feel free to help me work on it to make it quicker and rta viable because I think everyone hates the deku tree route at the moment. We also don't have a decent way to get in ZD yet.

Anyway, for the deku tree route I've seen a couple of strats but not too much work has been done on it yet. For the jump back down after getting to the map chest, I did see this strat today for a B1 skip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJrHLQlkkfE

Edit: here's a pastebin from ZFG but good luck trying to read and understand it http://pastebin.com/Z07Ci6An
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:45:00 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
dannyb21892
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »

So there's been some debate about whether deathwarp after bottle+gohma clip is faster than Double KO route.  Pretty sure DKO wins if the route is optimized considering the DKO fight takes ~4 seconds, while the gohma clip+time to leave the room is like ~21 seconds.

So if the DKO route is used it will be super helpful to b1 skip directly from the map chest when you have GIM in progress. That way you can jump straight down to the water in 231 to get your bottle since you should have burned the web between the first b1 skip and going to the larva room to start GIM.  Here's a really fast way that I came up with to get that b1 skip from the chest.  Read the video description for a bit more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1B8HPzmVo
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:55:18 AM »

So are we getting flame storage again just like the good ol' days? If we went for the gohma clip route then we could do the ground clip to completely skip the web, possibly making gohma clip route faster after all
dannyb21892
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »

After the first b1 skip and before going through the crawlspace to start GIM should be when we burn the web (if we burn it at all).  Either it should be first try flame storage without moving the block, or that quick backflip+stick jumpslash glitchless strat on the base of the torch.

I've seen people getting ISG so that they stick when they backflip on the torch but I don't think that's worth the time.
p4fn2w
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 11:45:55 PM »

Hi, have you guys found a way to enter Zora's domain early to do route #3?

Sorry I'm new so I don't know if this has been discovered before, but I found out a way to enter Zora's domain early from Zora's river using a chicken to fly through the side of the waterfall. This is pretty slow since you have to swim all the way down to the magic bean selling guy to grab a chicken, then work your way back to Zora's domain entrance. But its a way to do route #3 relatively quickly (before bombs, ocarina), and I wonder if doing route #3 with this method is faster than doing route #1 or #2.

My timings are:
Entering Zora's River (from Lost Woods) to grabbing chicken: 0:44
grabbing chicken to entering Zora's Domain: 0:57
GlitchesAndStuff's GIM bottle: 2:06

So starting from entering Zora's River, it takes 3:47 to get a bottle.

Our other option is to get the other chicken up on the cliff. I don't know how to get to that chicken early (without grabbing the first chicken near the magic bean seller), but I used MHS to theory craft the timings, and assume there's a way we can glitch to there without the first chicken:

Entering Zora's River to grabbing the cliff chicken: 0:44
grabbing chicken to entering Zora's Domain: 0:34
GIM bottle: 2:06

So the total time would be 3:24 instead
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:03:15 AM by p4fn2w » Logged
ikswozol
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 04:21:28 AM »

I think you can do a ground clip with an octorok, then swim under the loading area and unload the waterfall area
p4fn2w
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »

Oh cool, that sounds way faster. Do you have a video of it working? Or a guide I can try myself?
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »

I think you can do a ground clip with an octorok, then swim under the loading area and unload the waterfall area

Well I know you can do some hover with the first octorok and then megaflip to unload the area, this is quite hard though :/
p4fn2w
Deku Scrub

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:39:50 PM »

Is there a way to do the Queen Gohma door clip without Queen Gohma or any of the Gohma larvas? If so, then we don't need to head all the way to Lost Woods to catch bugs in a bottle to do Ganondoor. If you enter the Queen Gohma room, kill a gohma larva that drops a fairy, then kill Queen Gohma right away, after Queen Gohma's death cutscene you have about 5 seconds left to catch the fairy in the bottle before it disappears. This lets Link hold a blue bottle in his hand without having to catch a bug, so he can do Ocarina Items as he enters the blue portal. But once I take control of the cutscene, I can't find a way to go through the Gohma door..