ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:55:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko codes for efficient VC practice (updated 07/03/15)  (Read 88119 times)
HerosShadow
Deku Scrub

The Forgotten One

« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2015, 01:27:32 AM »

Hook type should be default, not GC Pad.

Firstly, thank you for the quick reply  Smiley
Secondly, still no luck. Set it back to default. I confirmed that I do indeed have v1.2. Also, I have infinite items such as bombs and arrows etc, but no access to any of the input activated codes. Must I do something to toggle the inputs codes (change rupee count, levitate etc.)?

You're right. All the effort is pointless...
If you don't believe in yourself.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »

Are you using a GameCube-Controller? The codes don't work with classic controllers yet.
HerosShadow
Deku Scrub

The Forgotten One

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2015, 02:33:10 PM »

Yes. I'm using an original NGC controller plugged into the top of an original Wii.

EDIT: I just reinstalled everything as per this post's recommendations. I have INF quantified items, but no other codes are in effect.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:15:48 AM by HerosShadow » Logged

Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »

Try using bombs inside a house, equipping adult items like hookshot as child (these would normally not work without codes) and going to the tower collapse and check that the timer is locked to 4:20.

If codes like these also work then the only codes not working are the ones which use button conditionals. This means there's a problem with your controller. I use a pretty weird controller setup, I have a N64 controller plugged into an N64 to gamecube adapter and the codes work fine for me. All I can really suggest if this is the case is to try other controllers and see if the problem persists.
Lemonlust
Deku Scrub

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:34 AM »

Any plans to put inventory modifier like what the majora's mask codes have?

A+Y+Dpad up = MST Items
A+X+Dpad up = All items?
Emily Brooks
Deku Scrub

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2015, 03:19:10 AM »

http://pastebin.com/vESkGapd
Wrote a code to choose which items, equipment and upgrades you have.
Nothing: A + X + DPad Up
Basic set: A + X + DPad Left
Everything: A + X + DPad Down

I can make presets for specific categories but I didn't know what items every category got. I'd also like to simply enable the inventory editor, but I haven't gotten around to successfully converting the code to VC J. The code for 1.0 and documentation on it can be found here https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time#Inventory_Editor

Also, I'm trying to work around the gecko code limit. You can set it to be larger with an xml file but I don't think they supported it for channels. Project M has like 8000 lines and what they use is a custom homebrew app to inject the gecko code handler. That would be awesome to have so I'll try and work on making that happen.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »

The address for the Inventory Editor is 8104D697.
Emily Brooks
Deku Scrub

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2015, 09:03:20 PM »

That worked, you're the best! Unfortunately the emulator doesn't handle the dpad inputs correctly, so you can't switch sections which is a bummer.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2015, 03:56:23 PM »

The dpad on both classic and gamecube are all used as L for the map which makes sense why they wouldn't work. It might be possible to make cheats for dpad presses to be considered n64 dpad presses.

8103CD74 and 8103CD75 should be the n64 button addresses.

the dpad is in the first byte:
0x01 D-Pad Right
0x02 D-Pad Left
0x04 D-Pad Down
0x08 D-Pad Up
Emily Brooks
Deku Scrub

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2015, 12:07:56 AM »

I've been messing around with those, basically just trying to get buttons to register as other buttons, and nothing seems to be working. Is there any documentation you're referencing on the n64 memory addresses?
HerosShadow
Deku Scrub

The Forgotten One

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »

Is there a pastebin or something with the complete txt for the current collection of codes? I'd like to tweak it, if I may.

Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »

At the bottom of the main post there's a dropbox link with the text file for the current set of codes.

Is there any way I can give people the means to edit the main post? Since there seem to be people interested in modifying the codes they should be able to edit the main post with the improvements. Alternatively someone could just make a google doc like there is for the MM codes and I'll just place the link to that on the main post.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2015, 08:44:53 PM »

Yes. I'm using an original NGC controller plugged into the top of an original Wii.

EDIT: I just reinstalled everything as per this post's recommendations. I have INF quantified items, but no other codes are in effect.

Maybe after some months I have an answer to this problem:Today I noticed, that the codes don't work with my new SDHC-card. Some do (like levitating, infinite bombs). But others don't. For example D-Pad down lets you die. If you have double magic and load your file, it won't fill the whole bar and the sound doesn't stop. With my old cards, it works just fine...
1stplaceirl
Deku Scrub

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2015, 06:43:25 PM »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out, i have gecko and ios36 on my wii, to obtain the launch channels option, but i have come across yet another obstacle. Everytime i try and launch the game it says something like starting game with hooks, game id NACE, no codes found on SD, the only two files i have on my SD card is an apps file which contains gecko1931 folder- in that folder there is a boot.elf(elf file), icon(png image), meta(xml file). I also have a codes folder on the sd card which contains a file I HAD TO NAME/CHANGE GAME ID to NACE01(gct file) i got the codes off of geckcodes.org/NACE and checked off the ones i wanted (not that many) through codemanager, the game boots up just with no sd codes found or whatever, anybody know a solution? thanks. ps the version of the game i have is the english OOT off of WII VC
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2015, 10:27:42 AM »

Try to name it NACE.gct instead of NACE01.gct.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: