ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:14:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Gecko codes for efficient VC practice (updated 07/03/15)  (Read 88047 times)
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »

Ah sorry about that I moved the files over to dropbox and updated the main post with the new links. Let me know if there's any problems.

Also sorry for not sorting out the classic controller problem Vince I've been super busy recently and don't have a classic controller I can use to test if my codes work correctly. My suspicion is that you can use the same input address for both controllers since you said A+B+R works on classic controller so my suggestion would be to mess around with this code until you get something to work:

289F6A88 00000008
0504F350 40CB0000
E0000000 80008000

This makes link levitate by pressing d-pad up on the gamecube controller. You can use this website to look at the last 8 digits which correspond to different button inputs on the classic controller. Mess around modifying the last 8 digits of the top line using this website until something works.
jamesrcade
Deku Scrub

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 05:23:55 PM »

Thank you for reuploading!

Also sorry for not sorting out the classic controller problem Vince I've been super busy recently and don't have a classic controller I can use to test if my codes work correctly. My suspicion is that you can use the same input address for both controllers since you said A+B+R works on classic controller so my suggestion would be to mess around with this code until you get something to work:

289F6A88 00000008
0504F350 40CB0000
E0000000 80008000

This makes link levitate by pressing d-pad up on the gamecube controller. You can use this website to look at the last 8 digits which correspond to different button inputs on the classic controller. Mess around modifying the last 8 digits of the top line using this website until something works.

The 289F6A88 needs to be changed as well as that is specific to gamecube controller button codes. I'm not sure how to find out what the classic controller code is for the Japanese OOT, but for the American version the code for classic controller uses 281C7F2A and gamecube uses 282091E0 (if that helps).
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »

Yeah I'm aware that the addresses are different for classic controller and gamecube controller on NACE and originally I just converted the code for classic controller inputs from NACE to NACJ but apparently that didn't work. Then according to vince the code for falling through the gorund by pressing A+B+R worked on his classic controller anyway so that made me think it's probably possible to do using the same address anyway.

I could probably figure this stuff out pretty quickly if I had a classic controller to test with but I don't so I'll let someone else on ZSR figure it out lol. I may try Mzxrules' suggestion of using the N64 button addresses but from what I remember from testing it earlier is that not only did it not work with d-pad inputs but it didn't seem to work with any inputs.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »

A+R+B on the classic controller doesn't work with these codes. So I'm not sure how Vince could of possibly got that to work.
Vince
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 10:39:21 PM »

A+R+B on the classic controller doesn't work with these codes. So I'm not sure how Vince could of possibly got that to work.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I used Chains code when I did that and not the one I already had, I'll verify later since its almost 1AM here.

Also it was a CCPro, not a regular classic if that matters.
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 10:38:15 PM »

Just want to bump this thread since I've updated the codes. The list of changes is included at the top of the post but the most significant is the ability to save and load which flags have been triggered! And no this is not an April fools joke Tongue

I think the flags code saves all flags except maybe some cutscenes but I haven't really done much testing so let me know if there are any flags you think I should find the addresses for (if my code doesn't save them already).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:25:18 AM by Chain » Logged
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 01:06:03 PM »

Hey there,
I always had problems remembering all the correct button-combination, even before there was the WW code.
Therefore I created a cheatsheet, so I don't always have to open the forum to practice. I hope, it helps some of you, too.
I'll try to keep it up to date. If there is anything wrong, please contact me.

Download Cheatsheet
(@Chain Feel free to link this in your original post.)

Other than that, I suggest adding a WW to Ganondorf, as this is the only boss left without a code.
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »

Wow scaramanga that's awesome thanks for making it (: I'll add that to the main post. Fall through the floor should be A+B+R though d:

This is also a good time to mention that currently the second teleport code is a bit worse the than first one. The first one will allow you to teleport past solid object like walls etc. the second one will not. I'm gonna fix this soon but I'm fat and lazy so I dunno when I'll get that done.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »

Fall through the floor should be A+B+R though d:

Corrected it. The Dropbox link should stay the same.
Vince
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 09:56:54 PM »

I dont get it either, tried it today and couldnt get that code to work either... I guess you're right.
I'm pretty sure I was testing that with a CC Pro using Chains code so this is prolly gonna drive me crazy tonight though haha.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »

Most of the codes don't work with the classic controller. The GameCube controllers are the only supported ones.
Vince
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »

Most of the codes don't work with the classic controller. The GameCube controllers are the only supported ones.

Merely these codes though, all the codes found on geckocodes.org work for CC Pro with a few rare exceptions.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2015, 11:34:45 PM »

I dont get it either, tried it today and couldnt get that code to work either... I guess you're right.
I'm pretty sure I was testing that with a CC Pro using Chains code so this is prolly gonna drive me crazy tonight though haha.

I also have a CCP and I'm pretty sure that both the normal and pro controllers use the same address.

I finally got around to looking of the CC address on jp mm as there wasn't one of it either and some how managed to find it. Maybe I'll try to find it for jp oot as well.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »

I also have a CCP and I'm pretty sure that both the normal and pro controllers use the same address.
It should be. As far as I know CCPro is CC with different layout.
Jimmie1717
Deku Scrub

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »

Ok I found the classic controller address, here is just a list for both U and J.

Classic:
801C7F2A - English
801C7EB2 - Japanese

Gamecube:
809F6BA8 - English
809F6A88 - Japanese

I had a little trouble finding it...

The 289F6A88 needs to be changed as well as that is specific to gamecube controller button codes. I'm not sure how to find out what the classic controller code is for the Japanese OOT, but for the American version the code for classic controller uses 281C7F2A and gamecube uses 282091E0 (if that helps).

I never tested 2091E0 as the gamecube address and was using it to calculate an offset of where the classic might possibly compared to the english classic. After actually looking on the geckocodes site I found that someone else used 9F6BA8 as the gamecube address instead. Using this address to calculate an offset and looking in that area I pretty quickly found it. So I'm pretty sure that 2091E0 is not the actual english gamecube address. I don't have english oot installed on my wii and I'm not going to bother just to see.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:58:54 AM by Jimmie1717 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: