ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:43:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What more can be done with Doomjumping in OoT3D?  (Read 5942 times)
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:17 PM »

I am very good at Doomjumping. It's very fun to do and very useful too. I've wondered what more can be done with it. We've already found Early Shadow Temple and Spirit Temple BK Skip, which are very useful in speedruns, so that means that it is at least something to look more in to. I've discovered that you can get to the Gerudo Horseback Archery Range without getting the Gerudo Token, which is fun, but pointless and I've discovered a way to enter the Gerudo Training Grounds without the Gerudo Token. I want to see if there is more to be done with this glitch! You can post theories and things you've found here to be tested.

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »

Gerudo Fortress Skip & Early Spirit Temple Theory:

1) Enter Gerudo Fortress as adult with Longshot (Hookshot will probably work too, but bigger is better!)
2) From the entrance, go as far left as you can (to that large stone wall of the furthest left side, near the locked gate).
3) Do a Hookshot Clip through this stone wall and propel yourself to the ladder that is behind the Gerudo guard that blocks the gate. (I don't know if she will bust you or not. She probably will, which would disprove this theory.)
4) If you're not busted, do an DJ off the ladder and go to the other side of the gate.
Tada!

Method 2:

2) From the entrance, go as far left as you can, or you can stop at the front of the stairs. Propel yourself to the flagpole on the left side of the stairs (your left).
3) Once on that cliff, do the BEST DJ you can do (Bombchu may be required) to get as far back as you can. If done right, you should end up on an invisible piece of floor that is above the stone wall.
4) When on this invisible floor, walk while targeting your Hookshot/Longshot so that you don't fall off. When you reach the edge closest to the locked gate, try do a running slide with the Hover Boots. Hopefully, you will land either on the center of the gate or beyond the gate.
Tada!

I can't test this because my little brother got a hold of my 3DS and overwrote his file with mine, so I have to start ALL over Sad, but I will test it once I can.

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:02:15 AM »

gerudo gate skip with doom jump is really old (multiple doom jump ways to do this, and some others that dont use doom jump)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5W1Nwq-gCQ

personally i think we've kind of found everything useful that can be done with doom jumps but if you have more theories or find anything new then thats cool

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 04:45:14 AM »

Wow didn't even link the superior method of that trick Gamestabled! Booooo!!!!

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:17:38 PM »

hey now i just did a youtube search and went with the first option
everyone be sure to like favorite comment subscribe retweet follow reblog mention subtweet surtweet sustweet tag and poke @benstephens1000

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: