ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:00:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616337 times)
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2015, 02:10:26 AM »

Did you try dash sliding to the floating platforms that are part of Turtle Rock? I always wanted to try dash sliding to them to see if it was possible to get in Turtle Rock that way

No I didn't actually, it seemed much too far once you're actually up there. I can give it a try though.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »

We reached those Zora Domain areas way back with some funky shenanigans over at Eastern Palace Area. You might've needed Stamina Scroll for that tho. Those camera shots and such are cool tho.

Also, what I wanted to achieve with reaching the T-Rock area was pretty much exactly what Weegee brought up. Some kind of awesome dash slide to possibly reach the two other T-Rock entrances.

If we could reach the one with the HP, I think at least 100% would have a use for this.
On the other hand, if it's Bee Boost exclusive, it's never going to be used.

It'd be interesting to see if any% could save time with it tho.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »

So far no success with dashing to the two other entrances. Not even close :/ I got pretty close with a bee boost though and I'm pretty sure with the right position you could bee boost to the roof of the entrance with the heart piece. Will keep playing around with this.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #843 on: March 24, 2015, 10:30:39 PM »

If you'll all remember back when I was trying to skip the Flippers for the whole game, dash-sliding into one of the two auxiliary T-Rock entrances was the number one thing I was trying in terms of accessing T-Rock (before we found the more useful way to activate fake flippers). Never managed to make it work after many, many tries... I honestly think it's too far to work with dash sliding alone. Feel free to prove me wrong Wink
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #844 on: March 26, 2015, 12:24:26 AM »

It doesn't seem possible in the slightest Sad
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #845 on: March 26, 2015, 01:20:20 AM »

Well, that sucks Tongue I was hoping it would at least be possible in even a TAS.

Thanks for trying though! It would be neat to find something other than Flippers Early with Bee Boosting though Sad
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:30:11 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #846 on: March 26, 2015, 01:43:30 AM »

Do bees spawn at Death Mountain(s)?
Since it's now sort of confirmed Bee Boost is it's own beeast to tackle, it might be worth checking if it could lead to something there.
There's a lack of OoB around those parts, parring some smaller stuff (Well, I guess Hyrule DM has some decent ones, just not used because we have better stuff anyways)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #847 on: March 26, 2015, 10:25:42 PM »

Do bees spawn at Death Mountain(s)?
Since it's now sort of confirmed Bee Boost is it's own beeast to tackle, it might be worth checking if it could lead to something there.
There's a lack of OoB around those parts, parring some smaller stuff (Well, I guess Hyrule DM has some decent ones, just not used because we have better stuff anyways)
No, Bee's only spawn from bushes and there are no bushes in either of the Death Mountains.

Most of the OoB's there are useless anyways because all the walls are impossible to merge on. I've messed around there quite a bit with Bomb Boosts and sadly couldn't find anything useful Tongue

I would still love an ice cave skip though Lips sealed
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2015, 12:17:12 AM »

No, Bee's only spawn from bushes and there are no bushes in either of the Death Mountains.

Most of the OoB's there are useless anyways because all the walls are impossible to merge on. I've messed around there quite a bit with Bomb Boosts and sadly couldn't find anything useful Tongue

I would still love an ice cave skip though Lips sealed

Yeah, they are pretty bad at not allowing merging, but there's a lot of stuff at DM that's weird.
Like... Deadrocks at the Ore Mine section. Those tend to get stuck on the ledges and stuff. It's weird to see enemies just... glitch themselves out.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #849 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:56 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TyTpvJg8Q

Never seen this before.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #850 on: April 01, 2015, 03:58:20 AM »

That looks new.

Also, really stupid.
Why does this exist.

Par for the course.

So, I wonder how that works. I'm already thinking uses for it.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #851 on: April 01, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

I've seen this tech before so its not new, and It doesn't have any uses That I can think of for any% ,UNLESS SOMETHING COOL, I'll try using  a trick to actually make this really  good,  so I'll come back later

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #852 on: May 27, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »

Hey guys, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEgWVMlqfRI

A new method for skipping the majority of HoG 2F was found! No more precise pixel dash anymore. I'm really surprised a damage boost works on the fan loading zones honestly. I guess bombrodding/damage boosting works on any loading zone above Link
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #853 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:15 PM »

Hey guys, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEgWVMlqfRI

A new method for skipping the majority of HoG 2F was found! No more precise pixel dash anymore. I'm really surprised a damage boost works on the fan loading zones honestly. I guess bombrodding/damage boosting works on any loading zone above Link

So... HoG Skip Skip... Skip?

Damn nice find!
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #854 on: January 02, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »

Private video :/

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]
  Print  

Jump to: