ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616312 times)
Kamineko
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #765 on: October 04, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEvPFC7CQ

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACaVCdTivjugQ

You can tornado rod on top of the wall, skipping 2 merges, an getting on the platform early, saving maybe 3 seconds overall, combined with the former strat.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #766 on: October 04, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »

Nice finds there man! Cheesy

I'm surprised none of these have even been thought of until now xD Eastern Palace is the 1st dungeon done in the game lol
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #767 on: October 05, 2014, 02:11:20 AM »

I actually did know about the TRodding there, was figured out when we were entertaining the idea of doing Eastern Palace backwards (which doesn't work because merge, btw). Never brought it up because like Nick said, it's slower.

- For the first part, you'd have to open your inventory anyway which negates the time save
- For the second part, the platforms are waiting for you to merge on them initially so to get on top you'd have to wait a cycle.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #768 on: October 08, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »

I've been thinking about something: Does the Tornado Rod set some kind of movement state that locks Link in place on the X and Y axes?  I feel like it would explain why you can't just use bomb explosions to knock yourself around while in the air.  "Bombrodding" seems to require something beyond that.

I think that this might be the case because in many other glitches, all we're doing is applying a velocity vector once Link is in the air.  If you leave the ground for a reason other than using the Tornado Rod or smacking a wall with the Pegasus Boots, you can be knocked around by anything that applies a horizontal force ("horizontal" being X and/or Y axes here; distinguishing from vertical or Z.).  Bombs, Fire Rod flames, crows... most things that do damage.

(Knucklemaster/Armos/Marcus the Moblin/chompy mouth things in front of the Dark Palace are a different type of glitch: using the Tornado Rod or damage invincibility to force the game to find somewhere to put you when your collision box is occupied.)
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »

The game won't allow two entities,  link and an entity on the same tile, so it forces link to move out since it prioritizes the other entity for some reason, bomb rod is something else, its using the bomb blast to move link not forcing him, cause the bomb isn't even there, and it moves you backwards, not horizontal,  and in hera you have enough height to clip to the other floor via this, also one more thing,  I found out a way to duplicate items on floors, such as the monster items, they require a cutscene to be in use thought,  has anyone experienced this or tested in any way?

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Naxanria
Deku Scrub

« Reply #770 on: October 10, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »

http://www.twitch.tv/m/638470 For said dupe.
Viskiv
Deku Scrub

« Reply #771 on: October 11, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »

I discovered this back in January and brought it up in IRC a couple of times, we never found an actual application for it.
Naxanria
Deku Scrub

« Reply #772 on: October 11, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »

Seems to be more of a tas thing tbh. But if you can pull it of during a marathon is funny xD
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #773 on: October 16, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »

There's no places to make a key appear, right?
Otherwise the only use this might have is double rupees.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #774 on: October 23, 2014, 03:00:03 AM »

I saw something in Misery Mire and am wondering whether it's been considered before.  What if we were to go counter-clockwise instead of clockwise around Misery Mire in order to do the Desertless Desert Palace Skip?  If we could, it seems like it would be considerably easier to execute, requiring only one wall jump.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGeC9RMNA
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlsAZNSuQ

The reason I don't know whether this works is because I can't get up on that ledge.  I can easily Nice Bomb-jump the south-facing equivalent but not the north-facing side.  I think the slight difference due to the angled shape of the world might be interfering.  Also, I have tried repeatedly, but have never been able to do the Fire Rod jump--the Quick Equip cancel is too difficult for me due to it requiring touching the screen in coordination.

I apologize if this has been considered before.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:03:27 AM by Myria » Logged
Tryst
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #775 on: November 11, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »

I know Portal Clipping has been found already, but was anyone else aware that it's possible to clip through gates as well? I found this last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJZvP-gIsgE
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #776 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »

I know Portal Clipping has been found already, but was anyone else aware that it's possible to clip through gates as well? I found this last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJZvP-gIsgE

But how many such gates/similar objects are there in the game with chickens around?

Melissa
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #777 on: November 11, 2014, 10:04:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is the only possible spot for this Tongue

I did try to get to the Heart Piece location by means of going OoB but sadly, couldn't get past the wooden wall.

There is a big invisible wall to the sides of the gate preventing Link from walking on the wooden part. Being partially clipped into the wall and t-rodding only makes Link hit an invisible ceiling. Still a cool find though!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:06:47 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #778 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:22 AM »

btw, anything else we can even throw besides chickens?
Can we freeze birds and clip through fences at all?
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #779 on: November 12, 2014, 03:58:26 AM »

btw, anything else we can even throw besides chickens?
Can we freeze birds and clip through fences at all?
No, cucco's can't be frozen and I've tried different thrown objects but it seems Cucco are the only way to. I'm pretty sure it's because when you throw them they end up behind you but will still fly forward and end up pushing you into cracks/etc. Pretty similar to portal clipping

EDIT: I just realized that you meant the regular birds you see across Hyrule. Those birds actually have no collision data and can be walked through. Shooting projectiles at them do nothing as they will just. go through them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:03:33 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: