ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:08:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617007 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #585 on: July 26, 2014, 10:03:50 PM »

I do wish there was someone with an action replay of Walk through walls. This way we would know if we're wasting our time with some of these glitches.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #586 on: July 26, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »

Unfortunatel nintendo patches the action replays, but an emulator is in progress I believe,so those may answer some questions.

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #587 on: July 27, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »

A 3DS with a Gateway and EmuNAND mod has been sufficiently pwned that there is no theoretical reason that an Action Replay/Code Breaker-like program could not be made for them.  However, I've never heard of Gateway+EmuNAND being used for anything but piracy, which just doesn't interest me.

If either some cheat program comes out for Gateway+EmuNAND or a similar hack, or, as Ahamplan pointed out, an emulator comes around that can play Triforce of the Gods 2 well enough, then I can make a wall-through-walls cheat for us.  I'm an experienced reverse engineer; ARM isn't an assembly language I know that well, but that is more experience than anything else.

A walk-through-walls code would be easy for me to make if I had the infrastructure set up.  I made the walk-through-walls codes for Final Fantasy 7 and (as might be guessed by my forum name) Breath of Fire 3 for PS1.  That was a long time ago >.<
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #588 on: July 27, 2014, 06:03:49 AM »

Besides the emu stuff that could take years of dedicated work, we must work with what we have and continue looking for glitches the old fashion way.

Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #589 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:27 AM »

Me and naxarina have been talking about a skull woods skip theory, and it involves a "bonk-boost", which is a recoil from a bonk from a bomb, and unfortunately the idea may involve pixel perfect and or frame perfect,  and the position is on either the left or right side of the walls that are with the painting and the result could lead to oob.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #590 on: July 28, 2014, 02:14:22 AM »

How would that make you go OoB? Cause you would only get pushed up against the wall because so far, being pushed by an enemy is the only way to clip into stuff.

Unless you mean it involves something else?
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #591 on: July 28, 2014, 02:36:17 AM »

How would that make you go OoB? Cause you would only get pushed up against the wall because so far, being pushed by an enemy is the only way to clip into stuff.

You can also do some out-of-bounds glitches when jumping off cliffs.  If you somehow acquire planar velocity in a different direction while jumping off a cliff, you can be shoved somewhere you shouldn't be.  The primary example of this is the Power Glove skip, where collision with a crow provides the planar velocity, but you can also get it from bombs that you throw off right before you jump.

That said, I don't know what Ahamplan was talking about; what I said can't be what Ahamplan is referring to, because Skull Woods has no cliffs.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #592 on: July 28, 2014, 02:47:57 AM »

At a guess I'd say Ahamplan is referring to getting hit by a bomb during the bonking animation that happens after you run into a wall.

I know myself and others have tested that idea but I don't believe anything's come of it, it doesn't even seem possible to take damage during that animation.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2014, 03:22:37 AM »

Ok let me kinda clear it up, when I was trying it out, I thought that if you were to get hit by a bomb after you bonked it could have enough knockback to keep your position vertical and allow you on the edge where the painting is, but i think that link doesn't have enough invincibility frames for him to get knocked back and land on the edge, and also link might not be able to reach the edge, but again this trick could be frame perfect and there might be invisible walls blocking the way.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #594 on: July 28, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »

I discovered today that it seems to be impossible to corrupt an ALBW save file. I was attempting to corrupt a file by just resetting as the weathervane saves, but it didn't work.

They really went out of their way to make sure it was impossible lol. Resetting before the quill pops up will result in the game not saving, but resetting as soon as the quill pops up does nothing. The game will still save  Lips sealed The game saves as soon as that quill pops up. Yep, that means the game saves instantly and the animation after is just....filler. Its not even saving.

The weird part about it is, the text tells you not to turn the power off, but turning the power off won't even corrupt your game lol. Well, anyways I thought that was a neat little tidbit I'd share with you all.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #595 on: July 28, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »

Are you saying that you could take to the vane, save then soft reset or just that its a cool thing?

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #596 on: July 29, 2014, 02:48:27 AM »

When it comes to saving, there's no such thing as instantly.
I suggest you test every single frame.
The only way Nintendo prevented a corruption is they made a second save where it doesn't overwrite the last save unless if it works.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #597 on: July 29, 2014, 03:16:34 AM »

Unless there is like....1 or 2 frames that it's possible to corrupt your game save. But my point anyways was you can soft reset almost instantly after clicking the save button and have your file saved.

I timed it, and it turned out it only takes about 0.70 milliseconds for the game to save a file (because you can soft reset and your file will have saved). The game saves so quickly and all the "Saving. Please do not turn off the power." stuff after is not even the game saving. In old Zelda games, resetting during something like that corrupts your save file.

You could technically use this during some save prompts to skip the text after selecting yes or no. Not sure if it would be faster, but still pretty neat
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #598 on: July 29, 2014, 03:29:01 AM »

I just timed it, and the normal animation takes around 10 secs give or take and soft resetting took me around 15 again estimate,  unfortunately its slower Sad  but its pretty cool!

Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #599 on: July 29, 2014, 07:18:36 AM »

Are you using physical or digital game?

If you really want to corrupt your save, I'd say removing the cart from the 3DS is probably more effective =p
It'd probably not be allowed for a speedrun, since it's physical contact and etc, but yeah =p

Also, digital usually saves faster than cart. There are some games where the difference is very clear (from my head, I can think of Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4). Though I guess ALBW doesn't need to save that much info to have a meaningful difference.

And I think someone else already tried to corrupt saves for a bit a while ago. I wasn't around here yet though.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: