ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:46:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617107 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2014, 07:26:55 PM »

I studied the area around Swamp palace, and if there's a way to give you an extra boost, the best way in would be on the north east side.
You'd have to get on the ledge, and leap to get inside the alternate exit(the one with the farieies) for the dungeon.

If you get 0 leaping, then you'd have to possibly bomb jump at the very south west side, and leap onto the turtle. (Just try it from the point where you activated the turtle for now)
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #511 on: May 28, 2014, 01:25:38 AM »

And Flipperless T-Rock is in, by AJC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ViZJurFjVE

New way for Fake Flippers then.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #512 on: May 28, 2014, 01:32:56 AM »

And Flipperless T-Rock is in, by AJC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ViZJurFjVE

New way for Fake Flippers then.

How does he get boots without picking up the flippers? I thought you could only trigger the thief guy by handing in the shiny stone?
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #513 on: May 28, 2014, 01:34:37 AM »

How does he get boots without picking up the flippers? I thought you could only trigger the thief guy by handing in the shiny stone?

You trigger thief guy by going to the waterfalls and bumping into him there (This is also what triggers the stone at the shop)
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #514 on: May 28, 2014, 01:38:13 AM »

You trigger thief guy by going to the waterfalls and bumping into him there (This is also what triggers the stone at the shop)

Ahh just tried it. I thought you had to hand in the stone to allow you to get boots. This makes things easier. Smiley

This really is a great find, it's nice how one small discovery opens up so many doors. so it seems we only need to work out a way through water palace. Incredible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:49:12 AM by Wastedweek » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #515 on: May 28, 2014, 01:53:05 AM »

Can you explain what you did in that video?
What caused you to swim in that case? Was it because it could not track your last point?

Can this same trick be used in the lightworld? Seems easier since an ice rod would not be required.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #516 on: May 28, 2014, 01:58:35 AM »

Last point after a transition is where you transitioned. That can be seen from other OoB tricks, like old Rosso's ore mine skip.
Apparently, since you transitioned from the water, the game thinks you have flippers already.

This trick can theoretically be used everywhere. I don't know if you can get over the walls in Hyrule though, I don't remember.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #517 on: May 28, 2014, 02:02:54 AM »

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACaU2yRh3ZauA

Could we some how bomb rod onto the wall here? You could bypass raising the water in the second room of water palace if we could work it out.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #518 on: May 28, 2014, 02:05:12 AM »

Ok wow, great find! The Flipperless dream is real Cool

I'm trying to replicate it on my file and having some difficulties, mostly because it's difficult to tell from the camera angle where Link is standing when he dashes. Also: is it just a dash, or a dash slide?

I've been failing this trick a few times now and that leads to Link drowning infinitely unfortunately... Undecided
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #519 on: May 28, 2014, 02:11:20 AM »

KingofHeart, I didn't find this, AJC did. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that. (Hah, me finding something useful? Tongue)

Wastedweek, that wouldn't work, I don't think. That area isn't part of Swamp Palace proper. Entering the door loads up a new area, so even if you got on top, it's probably bring you in the normal door you always enter in with. If it did work, however, there would be little to stop us from, I guess, skipping Big Bomb AND the entire Swamp Palace, parring the boss.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #520 on: May 28, 2014, 02:14:22 AM »

KingOfHeart: It's possible to do it in Hyrule as well. But I consider the bomb boost (with normal bombs, at least) harder than the crow boost + "bergshot" =p

Wastedweek: bombrod only works to get higher in a dungeon. Usually on dungeons that load floors dynamically; only TR BK skip is the exception, with its strange railings. No position change on the other axes.

LemonKing: Yeah, apparently, you need to get the transition the same time you drown. After I got the bomb boost, I tried dashing, but was too close to the wall, and drowned to death too.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #521 on: May 28, 2014, 02:48:54 AM »

Got it to work. I'm trying to find a consistent setup at the moment, will take a picture when I find something I'm happy with.

This trick also means that we can theoretically grab some of those Maiamais that were out of reach (however useless a point that is to make).
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #522 on: May 28, 2014, 03:11:11 AM »

If the game thinks you have flippers at some points... That means in theory, if you somehow triggered a transaction to lorule or from lorule to Hyrule,
odds are the game will think you have the merge ability.
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #523 on: May 28, 2014, 03:21:18 AM »

Setup. Doesn't require any dash sliding, and I have Link angled down-left using an item. Just dashing off makes it work. Note that after the screen transition, Link will drown once and then respawn in swimming mode (so don't panic thinking you did it wrong).
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #524 on: May 28, 2014, 03:31:00 AM »

I'd really love to figure out the timings for the bombs.
I keep having to use birds & bees because I can't get the bomb timing down no matter how many times I try. Sad

How did he get up on the torch? Dash slide?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: