ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616290 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »

I think I figured out a new glitch theory based on FAQs.

If I remember right, you can use the Tornado Rod to get you higher if you died and used a fairy.
Well using that same logic then "if you could use a bomb to boost you forward" and "died", you should be able to use the Tornado rod in mid air.
If you die by the bomb explosion with a fairy, will you still have the boost? If so, then try the tornado rod to see what would happen.
If you died in mid air, you should be able to then use the tornado rod.

If you got skills, maybe you could test this theory out.

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQ2zfPM7V8&list=UUE27nkA1cDVHDbe9HsWrz3g < how did he get the bomb to explode? Looked like he swung his sword and the bomb exploded early.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:26:22 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #406 on: March 30, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »

So, using a T-rod at the upper corner of the stone cluster (I'm sure you can see what I mean) with the green knight on you, you can get on top of the ledge (I think it requires multiple T-rod uses).

Don't see any other real uses for it other than skipping the bell without early flippers. Most of us won't care about that Tongue
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #407 on: March 30, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »

You can get on a ledge with a windrod, that's very interesting.
Could lead to some interesting and new ledge glitches depending on the requirements.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #408 on: April 02, 2014, 04:02:17 AM »

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAhUqFNSZDFnA

Is it common for enemies to pass through in game objects that link can't pass through? I've noticed you can bump enemies through bushes, I'm unsure if they gain 'invincibility' and that's why they pass through or if they work differently to link.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »

can you get an enemy to stay in a bush?
If so, maybe you could use the enemy to glitch through the bush without using a sword.
And if that works, maybe you could get an enemy to go through other objects and pass through it..locked doors for example.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #410 on: April 07, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »

nvm what? It doesn't softlock, or someone else found the glitch?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #411 on: April 07, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »

nvm what? It doesn't softlock, or someone else found the glitch?
You can leave the room and re-enter, and the key will respawn.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #412 on: April 08, 2014, 01:49:39 AM »

Btw I've had that happen a few times in runs. Partially why I don't drop the bomb before hitting the switch.
TheMinishElias
Deku Scrub

Quick! Hide yo rupees! It's Ravio!!!

Email
« Reply #413 on: April 08, 2014, 06:12:58 AM »

Greetings everyone.

I'm new within the forums as you can see, however I've been speed running this game quietly on my own, just yesterday I've decided to get more into the community this fantastic game has and try every glitch posted here.

I've had this kept to myself and yet to see anyone mentioning it, I'd like to tag it as a general time saver.

Thus it's not big, it's actually way more comfortable and relatively fast.

- Using the sand rod to stun enemies and lure them into the spots you will proceed to perform any sort of skip/glitch is faster than doing it with the boomerang or Hookshot

- Reason for it being faster is because the enemy DOES NOT gain invincibility frames to your sand rod as it would do after using the Boomerang / Hookshot

- The knock back is just about the same.

- Only downside of the rod would be the square it works with, however it's easy to get used to and can easily spam it to set your target monster to the destination quickly.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:17:37 AM by TheMinishElias » Logged

~ Elias.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #414 on: April 08, 2014, 07:11:15 AM »

Welcome to the community! Always happy to see new people around. Smiley

Even though we were already aware of that (described in a section on the website), thanks for taking the time to post and share your knowledge. Cheesy
TheMinishElias
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #415 on: April 08, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »

Ah, sorry! I was thinking about it considering the official speed run guide  only brings up the Hookshot and Boomerang options on other sections

Thanks for the warm welcome.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:24:50 AM by TheMinishElias » Logged

~ Elias.
TheMinishElias
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »

Hello guys!

I've been trying to perform the desert Palace skip for 2 days so far, over 15 hours of playtime trying and trying over and over again, come to the results that so far I've only done it successfully 2 times, why is this method considered viable?

~ Elias.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #417 on: April 09, 2014, 03:40:19 AM »

Hello guys!

I've been trying to perform the desert Palace skip for 2 days so far, over 15 hours of playtime trying and trying over and over again, come to the results that so far I've only done it successfully 2 times, why is this method considered viable?

Hi! Smiley Welcome to the community!

Here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/seqbreak/desert-palace-skip

If you want to learn all about the Desert Skip, I suggest reading all that page. But if you don't really feel like reading all of that, I'd suggest doing the Bomb-Back Boost method. The Ice Rod way of doing it is honestly a lot harder, when all you have to do is get hurt by a bomb.

Here's a video of the BBB in action: http://www.twitch.tv/viskiv/c/3723680

You get hurt by the bomb at the last second which pushes you further into the portal. Once pushed in further, face down-left and t-rod. Hope that helps!
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #418 on: April 09, 2014, 07:01:31 AM »

You could also leap off and use a bomb to fly up. Not sure if this is easier or harder then the portal method.
TheMinishElias
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2014, 03:10:31 AM »

Hi! Smiley Welcome to the community!

Here: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/seqbreak/desert-palace-skip

If you want to learn all about the Desert Skip, I suggest reading all that page. But if you don't really feel like reading all of that, I'd suggest doing the Bomb-Back Boost method. The Ice Rod way of doing it is honestly a lot harder, when all you have to do is get hurt by a bomb.

Here's a video of the BBB in action: http://www.twitch.tv/viskiv/c/3723680

You get hurt by the bomb at the last second which pushes you further into the portal. Once pushed in further, face down-left and t-rod. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the warm welcome Smiley! I'll make sure I test all the methods!

~ Elias.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: