ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 08:06:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 624701 times)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »

Wow this glitch looks really interesting Cheesy

Now I'll have to mess around with this too!

Also, I'm guessing it only works in screen transitions? Like, as long as the screen doesn't black it, it should work?
Drawkel
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #376 on: March 22, 2014, 09:23:46 PM »

Drawkel, if you ever manage to do it again in a fresh file, please post this location: http://i.imgur.com/yKG3TqW.png
That will show the fans still working and you past them. Should be enough to prove it's possible.

I finally managed to do it in a fresh file, it took a lot longer to pull off since I had a lot less hearts.
That does sound like a great find! Me and a few others tried to reproduce it but we had no luck doing so. Did you manage to pull it off only twice, or did you find a more consistent setup/visual?

You can also use Miiverse to take screenshots of your 3DS screens. Smiley
That would be a lot better to use Miiverse, I'll remember that for next time, thanks! I only pulled it off twice, once in a fresh file during a run, and the other time in a completed file. I couldn't find a proper visual setup, but its around where I'm standing in the previous picture I posted.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #377 on: March 22, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »

Sweet! Wouldn't it mean that any gap around that size would be able to be dash canceled over? I'm not sure if there are any other locations like this but, maybe?

I was also testing this in the Swamp Palace and found 3 softlock areas. The first one is the very first door you enter and the other 2 are in the second room through the other sides of the two bottom doors. (if that makes sense)

Something interesting though about the bottom doors is you can see where Link gets stuck.

I'm guessing this is as far as he walks through all the doors when doing the Bell trick.

EDIT: I found that doing the bell trick on any of the doors connected to the boss door room cause the game to softlock...weird.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:58:33 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #378 on: March 22, 2014, 10:49:28 PM »

Here's an image of the position for the skip: http://i.imgur.com/mYpqB35.png
UndeadFil
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2014, 12:04:05 AM »

Wow this glitch looks really interesting Cheesy

Now I'll have to mess around with this too!

Also, I'm guessing it only works in screen transitions? Like, as long as the screen doesn't black it, it should work?

I guess so. I tried doing it while entering Skull Woods and it did something weird. It didn't clip or anything but the stairs animation happened twice and Link entered the temple normally on the second time.

Also, using the glitch on staircases doesn't do anything special other than Link holding the bell all the way up/down.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2014, 12:19:48 AM »

I was looking around for some other places that might be able to be dash canceled to and I found an area that it might be possible

If it was possible to get over there it would mean an Ice Cave skip! :O I couldn't find a specific spot myself but maybe someone else could be able to  Huh
UndeadFil
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2014, 02:54:21 AM »

I believe the HoG dash cancel is only possible because of some shenanigans due to the stairs. I don't think it would work in this area. You can try and prove me wrong though.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:56 PM »

Rapid_F and I found a new skip in Swamp Palace using the "new" dash-cancel near stairs knowledge.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlo9FIDzA

Basically dash cancel from stairs to bridge where Link is on the picture. Skips Gigabari and also having to get a small key. \o/

EDIT: Well holy damn, it actually cuts like 75% off the Swamp Palace.

Setup = https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnpto-Cmg

Basically, the new Swamp route is

- Get Big Key
- Get usual small key in east B1 room
- Go to west B1 room, perform the skip
- Grab the key, raise water in next room
- Skip miniboss (Gyorms)
- Fall down to press switch, raise water twice
- Back to main room, press switch to access boss room
- Boss
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:20:25 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
UndeadFil
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2014, 03:17:39 AM »

This is amazing. I might actually come back to running this game.
Drawkel
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »

Rapid_F and I found a new skip in Swamp Palace using the "new" dash-cancel near stairs knowledge.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlo9FIDzA

Basically dash cancel from stairs to bridge where Link is on the picture. Skips Gigabari and also having to get a small key. \o/

EDIT: Well holy damn, it actually cuts like 75% off the Swamp Palace.

Setup = https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnpto-Cmg

Basically, the new Swamp route is

- Get Big Key
- Get usual small key in east B1 room
- Go to west B1 room, perform the skip
- Grab the key, raise water in next room
- Skip miniboss (Gyorms)
- Fall down to press switch, raise water twice
- Back to main room, press switch to access boss room
- Boss
Wow, that's huge.. I better start practising my lorule runs so I can actually finish a run Wink
MasterBacon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2014, 10:38:06 PM »

I figured out its possible to dash cancel over the pits in the boulder cave in death mountain. This means it would be possible to get to tower of Hera before merge, if you use early flippers to get Pegasus boots. This isn't very useful unless you want to activate tower of Hera weather vane when you do early death mountain.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »

I figured out its possible to dash cancel over the pits in the boulder cave in death mountain. This means it would be possible to get to tower of Hera before merge, if you use early flippers to get Pegasus boots. This isn't very useful unless you want to activate tower of Hera weather vane when you do early death mountain.
You need merge to get behind the shady guy though.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2014, 11:26:14 PM »

Other then merging, you'd need to do some kind of bomb ledge jumping without any dashing involved.
If this is possible, then you could get into the tower early.
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:44 PM »

Other then merging, you'd need to do some kind of bomb ledge jumping without any dashing involved.
If this is possible, then you could get into the tower early.

if you mean the gap right before the tower, you can fall, enter the cave north and exit on the other side.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »

Um. You've been able to reach ToH early for ages. Just position yourself right at the edge of a hole (I think it's somewhat specific), when the rock comes and hits you it'll throw you over the gap. You need to do it 3 times though, so you either need 4 hearts, a bottle with healing, or you need to throw a pot over the first gap and make a heart drop there.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: