ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:32:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616325 times)
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2014, 12:53:48 AM »

Treasure Hunt Dungeon (Southern Ruins) with AS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kttqlwgGiKc
This is probably a little slower than the normal strat, but at least you don't have to get the boomerang. Maybe beneficial for bingo routes.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
MasterBacon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2014, 02:30:21 PM »

I found a glitch in Theives Hidout that may be useless

In the second room of the dungeon (the staue pushing room), if you get a statue to fall direclty on to you by raising the iron bars, you can clip through the floor. You need to be directly under it though so you need to be holding onto it first. I think it's useless because of the backtracking in this dungeon, but I didn't see this glitch anywhere so I figured I'd mention it here.

Also I have no recording device so if someone could make a video on this that would be great
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »

I found a glitch in Theives Hidout that may be useless

In the second room of the dungeon (the staue pushing room), if you get a statue to fall direclty on to you by raising the iron bars, you can clip through the floor. You need to be directly under it though so you need to be holding onto it first. I think it's useless because of the backtracking in this dungeon, but I didn't see this glitch anywhere so I figured I'd mention it here.

Also I have no recording device so if someone could make a video on this that would be great

I was playing around with the statues a few days ago, but I never had this happen. In fact, I'm a bit confused about what I should be doing here. Holding onto the statue before the bars raise didn't seem to do anything. The best I could do was kinda clip inside two statues, which looks impressively useless.
Koizata
Deku Scrub

« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2014, 12:03:45 AM »

lol yeah Zander found this a long time ago but we couldn't find anything useful for it.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2014, 04:02:22 AM »

^ useful or not, mind recording or taking some kind of screenshot?
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2014, 04:59:10 AM »

Well then...I just found a very odd glitch.  Huh

Everyone knows that Merge Warp glitch? Where you stand by a mergable wall, then dash away from it, then as you get near a doorway you are able to merge?

Well, there were only 2 locations this was known to work (I think), but I just discovered it works in Kakariko as well. Although it's very very strange how it works there. I first found it by doing it on the Stylish Woman's house. I stood at the back wall of her house, faced northwest, then dashed. I then walked to the one side of her house and I noticed it said I could merge.

And yes, you do then get teleported to the wall. It works on a bunch of different walls in Kakariko, but the way it works is specific to every single wall. If you stand at the wall between the 2 staircases leading up to Sahasralha's, then dash SW and walk to the spotpass old man, once you get near him a merge icon will appear. You can also dash SE and if you walk next to the treasure chest game it ALSO works.  Lips sealed

Each wall almost works completely different than another. Some only work depending on what way you dashed and then what spot you walked to. Some walls have the same merge spots so there is kind of a pattern. Next to the Treasure Chest Game, close to the Old Man, on either side of the Stylish Woman's house are some that work. It also seems like you mainly have to dash NE, NW, SE, or SW for it to work in the first place. Then some walls don't even seem to work at all  Undecided This is one confusing merge warp glitch is all I gotta say. Early Lorule through SW's house would be pretty awesome if it's possible to clip through her house with this.  Shocked

EDIT: I also noticed it sometimes let's you merge at different spots depending on how far away you dashed from the wall. This is so confusing x_x
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:35:19 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2014, 05:13:20 AM »

http://www.twitch.tv/viskiv/c/3861273

The clip itself is certainly slower, because you can't skip the puzzles. On the way back, the thief girl will be stuck behind the closed doors.
There is something else that almost made this viable. If you use the east gate, and hold the statue in a certain position, you'll land on the B2 walls (you'll know you did when, after the clip, you start changing floors constantly). From there, you can get 1 room north as well. In there, you can hit the switch with a bomb or ice rod, and dash to the right room (you can land close to the eyegores room). But this is still about 5s slower than normal route.
So, currently, there are 2 ways to make it useful: find a way to go back with thief girl without solving the puzzles, or find a faster way to get over the walls on B2. It takes forever to setup on the right gate; southwest gate is very close to a wall, but doesn't seem possible to land on it.

Koizata, did you guys find about the over-B2-walls as well? If so, did you find a way to get to any other room besides those 2? The gap between that room with the switch and the northmost room seems so small, but I couldn't dash over it..

Also, mostly to be recorded, you aren't restricted by only 6 tiles to clip (2 for each gate); after raising the gates, you can pull the statue, and the one sliding over it will keep sliding in your direction. Once you stop, the statue will fall and clip you.
Another thing, if you pull then push, if you time it right, the sliding statue can change directions, and clip the gate. Once again, useless, but interesting.

EDIT: about Weegeechan's post: I could see the merge icon in a few places, and do the glitch once (it seems it's very precise frame-wise). From what I could see, if you dash and is inside a certain rectangle, you can do the glitch along the edges of this rectangle:
West, south, north, east 1, east 2, approximate rectangle.
I only checked ending the dash inside that rectangle. I'll mess with it a bit more.

Edit2: http://i.imgur.com/O8Cytc7.png
Your 2nd image does show a differnt region than what I found, though. I wasn't able to get a merge icon there.

Edit3: nevermind, it seems you got a merge icon from the 2nd rectangle, and was stopped briefly on that wall, right? I got it once.
Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/qRhNpFQ.png

Edit4: Sorry if this was already discovered, I didn't follow the merge glitch very much; but it seems the other merge glitches work the same way: stop the dash inside the rectangle, then move to one of its edges. This is Lorule's Castle, for example.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:09:07 AM by Anwonu » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2014, 06:21:25 AM »

@Edit1: That actually makes a lot of sense! It seems random but going by the rectangle borders it makes it easier to understand.

@Edit3: That's exactly where I was dashing from. You can dash just a tiny bit further and merge really close to the rock wall surrounding Kakariko.

@Edit4: I don't think it was discovered yet and I'm pretty sure nobody knew why it worked but I think the rectangle border pretty much explains it!  Grin

Oh and,

So close  Shocked  I'm going to go to bed but I'll mess around with this more tomorrow. I really hope it's possible to clip into!
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2014, 06:42:04 AM »

OK, found something interesting that may allow you to use any wall for the glitch (as long as a rectangle exist).
Dashing isn't the only way to "store" the merge. After getting close to a mergeable wall, hold an item like bow or hookshot, and walk until you're inside one of those rectangles. Then walk to one of the edges and voila!
Also, you can walk from one rectangle to another without losing the storage, as long as you dash or hold an item when outside the rectangles.

Edit: CloudMax had already found this, so yeah. This is easier to use, though, now that we know about the rectangles.
Edit2: having fun with it: http://youtu.be/Harr-ls_KRs
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:22:43 AM by Anwonu » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »

I knew it was possible to store by charging your sword, so any item seems just as possible.

If there's any back tracking at all, this merge glitch looks like it has some speed run use.

You almost clipped into the kissing lady's house? If so, how? With the merge glitch?
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »

The merge warp can also be done at the entrance to Lorule Castle. There seem to be 2 invisible "merge" boxes here, one in the entrance to the main walkway (between those 2 torches) and one before the steps to Lorule Castle (near the bird statue). I tried to clip into some walls with it, but it seems like no matter what you do, Link always locks onto the wall he'd merge on.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:11 AM »

I wonder though, if you're transported (like you're moving super fast to the X/Y point) or if you're X/Y values are just changed.
If you're moving super fast...then we can create theories on how to cancel out. If the values are changed, then even if you find a way to cancel out, it won't do a thing.

Also, since we're learning that it's based on a border.. what would happen if you tried to merge on a leap(probably impossible, but one theory so far)
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »

I wonder though, if you're transported (like you're moving super fast to the X/Y point) or if you're X/Y values are just changed.
If you're moving super fast...then we can create theories on how to cancel out. If the values are changed, then even if you find a way to cancel out, it won't do a thing.
As far as I can tell, Link seems to be moving super fast to that point. I've tried to clip into the wall again, and this thought crossed my mind: What does the game do with Link's 3D model when he changes into a 2D sprite? Does he end up behind the mergable wall or in the ground until you exit the wall?

If we can figure this out, we can probably manipulate the XY coordinates and make Link appear somewhere else. This is just speculation, but I'm curious about where that 3D Link goes.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »

I figured out that he is actually moving super fast with this. If you merge close enough to the wall you dashed/walked away from and there is no obstacle in your way, Link will slide along the ground very quickly to the wall. So it make senses why it looks like he's teleporting, as he is actually clipping through everything at high speeds to reach the wall.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #344 on: March 11, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »

Wow... A lot has happened since I was here last... Great job everyone! I just had one thought though:
If clipping into the stylish woman's house to get Lorule early works, would clipping into the house with the painting in Thieves's town be feasible using the same method?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: