ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoS Warpless (No S&Q)  (Read 5513 times)
Mases
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »

Hey guys, Mases here from Zelda Dungeon,

I've been casually streaming the last few days, just getting into the grove of working on times. I just completed a run of Seasons with a time of 3:15:57. It's not a competitive run at all and I'm still new to the game. Not optimized and needs a lot of work, but I'm just submitting most my scores for score keeping purposes and trying to get fans at my website more interested in this niche of the Zelda Community.

My run was a Warpless run with no S&Q. Unfortunately, that does me no good as this isn't a category available at the moment. There is a similar category for Link's Awakening DX though, so I was wondering if this is something that could get established.

Thoughts?
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »

Hello and welcome here! =)

One of the reasons that LADX has a "no S&Q" category is because you get to plan out the drops of the Piece of Power, which depends on how many enemies you have killed and is reset upon a S&Q. A similar case for OoA/S would be the appearing of Maple, though the enemies slain are kept after a S&Q in this case.

I personally find a no S&Q category to be rather pointless for OoS. As savewarping normally just removes a lot of the backtracking and doesn't really add anything extra to the run. And you are also able to skip a small key in D6 thanks to a S&Q.

Are there any specific reasons why you wouldn't go for thsi category as well?

May the Triforce be with you.
Mases
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:38:12 PM »

No reason that I cannot adjust my run to implement S&Q strategies. I'm just not a fan of that in general for any speed run as it sorta takes you out of the immersion of the game. That's just me though, I have no qualms about it, I'll adjust myself.

Thanks for the explanation concerning the difference of Link's Awakening.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: