ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Marathon  (Read 27670 times)
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »

Bonus stream suggestion? http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=487.0

I feel this would be a great closer as it's Zelda-related and any number of runners and community members can participate (not to mention that it works best with a lot of people as the map is so huge). A 16-person (24-person? who knows) OoT capture the flag would be pretty dang nifty. The game is old enough to be pretty lightweight so it'd be feasible to stream too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:00:43 PM by Enterim » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »

I don't have any plan on bonus stream yet. It's possible, although it's a bit ridiculous, haha. But I guess that's why you suggested as bonus. I'd definitely would like to see Okami too if we were doing bonus, but bonus is always kinda random.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
26pt2
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »

Hey TestRunner! Currently, the active members in the Four Swords Adventures community are zmaster91, geno, and me. We will be racing any% next month because we are currently routing/grinding out the game so the estimate is TBA, though 4 hours is a good guess. Ideally, zmaster91 would do the run since he is the one that discovered most of the useful tricks and has been solely focusing on FSA. Also, the setup for co-op is far too difficult due to us speedrunners living far away from each other  Sad and the technical difficulties of streaming at least 3 screens (2 Gamecubes with Gameboy Player attachments and another Gamecube/Wii). In addition, co-op is always slower due to a screen after each level accounting for the rupees collected by each player and the Tingle's Tower invitations in each world.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 01:15:51 AM »

Yea, I talked with Geno and Zmaster a bit ago. I have co-op streaming equipment, but I don't think anyone is willing to drive here, and in addition people would need to practice together a lot. There was talk of possibly doing Co-op online, though. I realize that Co-op is very likely slower, even with more optimized movement or wtv, but a Co-op run would be much more interesting to watch (see Goof Troop). If it's not possible, then it's not possible, but it would be awesome. But if I were to add FSA in, I'd really want a lot of dedication to learning the game, not just a couple a races. Good luck to you all, and keep me posted.

Zmaster91
Deku Scrub

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 06:48:20 AM »

I definitely understand Co-op being more fun to watch, but I know I wouldn't be able to participate in that given the time frame.  Although, sometime next year might be a possibility. 

I would say that I have put a lot of dedication into this game, my runs will definitely be polished by the time I get to doing them.  I don't think my gameplay wouldn't be something to worry about.  (The most I can "prove" my dedication is really the stuff I put up on my youtube.)

The only issue right now is that I'm moving across the country in August. So if I am able to stream at a decent quality, then I'd be up for it.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't know my situation until like late August which I know doesn't give you much time.  I wouldn't want to make scheduling the marathon more stressful than it already is.  If anything, I could give you a more positive or negative answer as my moving date comes closer.
Mases
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 05:18:26 AM »

Let me know what I can do to help promote this event. I'd be willing to read donations and help commentate if needed for a period of time.

You can consider the Facebook page at full disposable for updates as new games begin.
https://www.facebook.com/ZeldaDungeon

I'll make a front page post or two on the Zelda Dungeon index page as well.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »

Thanks a lot ^.^ I'll probably contact you on skype in a week or two for the advertisement, hopefully the art will be ready by then. Also I could always use more volunteers in general.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »

Everyone ready for this?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Garnitrex
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 03:45:49 AM »

My FrankerZ's are bursting through with Kreygasm's!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: