ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: No RBA/WW Route  (Read 48519 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »

Hey so I've been thinking about making this an actual category. This will be like 5 Boss for normal Oot but I am confused about certain things. I have some initial questions:
Allow NG+?
Forest Escape or no?
KZ skip?
Ice Cavern or Poe Hover?
Ice Cavern would be longer but much easier for beginners.
Anyway, I want to hear some feedback. Thank you.  Cheesy
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »

Dont allow ng+ unless it's an actual "No RBA/WW with NG+"
Yes forest escape
Yes KZ skip if you poe hover, if you hookshot jump idk

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:18:40 AM »

king zora skip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t_pwdaxTjc

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:36:55 AM »

All right, so no NG+.
The only problem with Forest Escape is that it has hardly any use for this run. Other than skipping Mido TBH.
Well if the clip for adult KZ skip was reachable without hovers it would save time there. It might be good to try to find it as it would save some time. Other than that idk  Undecided
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »

So my idea is to do the Deku Tree first. The dungeon order will literally be normal. The only varying tricks for this is skipping KZ, the bottle, and the slingshot as of this moment. If you skip him the cucco bottle will work nicely, and if you don't you grab the ruto bottle. As for Adult Link routes go, Idk what route should be done if you get iron boots. I suppose you could go there after obtaining the minuet because you are in good placement, and then do Shadow then Spirit. You might want to CS skip the serenade so FW could be useful actually. One suggestion might be to get the bow last, since you don't even need it to complete Shadow/Spirit. Anyway, these were just some thoughts for the route.  Tongue
Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »

So my idea is to do the Deku Tree first. The dungeon order will literally be normal. The only varying tricks for this is skipping KZ, the bottle, and the slingshot as of this moment. If you skip him the cucco bottle will work nicely, and if you don't you grab the ruto bottle. As for Adult Link routes go, Idk what route should be done if you get iron boots. I suppose you could go there after obtaining the minuet because you are in good placement, and then do Shadow then Spirit. You might want to CS skip the serenade so FW could be useful actually. One suggestion might be to get the bow last, since you don't even need it to complete Shadow/Spirit. Anyway, these were just some thoughts for the route.  Tongue

So I take it the only glitches that are banned are NG+, RBA, and WW? Does that include normal BA? TSCing to Lens and BAing it to get hammer on B would save a lot of time in the Fire Temple because you could just HS clip to the boss key and go right to volvagia.

Other than that, (I don't know if a way has been found around this) you need a Deku Shield to beat b2fl of GDT. Doing DC first and getting it from there saves the time it would take to collect 40 rupees and buy the shield before leaving the forest. Alternately, I think there's a Deku Shield in BotW, so you could get it there. If you really want to avoid the DC slingshot skip, child route could look something like

Get Sword
TSC escape+ocarina
ZL
to Kak
BotW (day)
Shield, Lens
Savewarp
To GC
Open LW warp
Saria's Song
Savewarp
GDT
Navi Dive to ZR
Silver Scale
LH warp + Ruto Bottle
Scarecrow's Song (If you will need it as adult)
Warp t ZD
move KZ
Savewarp
To GC via LW
Goron Bracelet
DC
DMC
Megaflip to double magic (normal magic can be used if it's more consistent/double is not needed)
LW
ZR
ZD
get fish
dupe fish over nuts
JJB
Boomerang
use fish for bigocto skip (I find it more consistent than using ZL)
Barinade
FW (if you need it)
Savewarp
ToT

A few things I'm not sure on:

Is it faster to get the Ruto Bottle immediately after GDT and move KZ, then savewarp and return after DC and get the fish on your way up, or should you put off all of the zora stuff until you beat DC and climb back down for a fish after moving KZ? Or should you get the cucco bottle (do BotW while getting this) and skip making two trips up to KZ alltogether?

Is it faster to get a Deku Shield in BotW, or buy it? Even if it's faster to buy it, I still think GDT should be saved until after ZL.

Do we need Dins?

And of course, is BA allowed?

I don't play Adult as much as child, but here's my idea for that route (assuming we got FW and BA is in)

To Kak
Hookshot
Shield from grave
RI FW (in graveyard)
to DMC
Get Bolero
Get Minuet
Forest Temple
Get Bow
Savewarp
BK skip
Kill PG
Savewarp, get Prelude
To ZD (HF)
IC (nuts should still be duped)
Iron Boots
Return FW
Shadow Temple
Serenade to LH
Water Temple (use FW to skip lots of keys)
Steal the Rod
Get Stick on B
Prelude to ToT
Child
Slide to GV
To GDC
Get Requiem
Prelude to ToT
Lens on II
Adult, BA hammer
Bolero
Fire Temple
BK early, savewarp
Volvagia
Requiem
Spirit Temple
Hoverboots Block skip/HSJ to Mirror Shield
HSJ BK skip
Twinrova
Savewarp to LACS
Ganon's Castle

Again, a few things I'm not sure about. Mainly, would it be plausible to go to Ganon's Castle using a hoverslide right after Volvagia, get the Gold Gauntlets, cast FW, and savewarp out to play the Requeim? It would take a little longer, but you could skip the HSJ/block skip, and the CS where the sages build that bridge by RIFW'ing back into Ganon's Castle after LACS.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »

What the... this is not MST lol. This is just a beat the game category. For Adult we do Shadow, Spirit and get the Bow. Then there is the Trials skip. There isn't anything else needed actually. You can skip Dins by using the hookshot in the BK room in shadow, but it can shorten the Ganon fight so it's not my call.

Edit: There is way too much in that route lol. I don't know where to start. First of all, no lens. The additions that are to mainly skip the Fire Temple would take more time than going through the dungeon. Also, FW would be necessary to skip it if you only head into the dungeon right after you obtain the hammer because you can't savewarp otherwise you will lose it. Getting requiem as child is a really bad idea since if you can't WW directly to the temple you can skip requiem by heading there as adult.
 I only am pointing out the flaws of this being a route in itself. This paragraph was unrelated to no RBA/WW route. Wink

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:18:11 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 12:46:05 AM »

BA is banned, you will RBA in the process
As fox was saying, you only need to complete shadow/spirit as adult. Trials aren't required either.

Czar_Yoshi
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:58:15 AM »

I don't know how or why I manage to put my foot in my mouth every time I post here. I guess I thought it said "5 temple" instead of 5 boss.

Is this supposed to be SS, RTA, or segmented?

What about Poe Hovering to shadow as a child, megaflipping across the gap and getting hoverboots during you final trip to Kakariko (probably owl after getting magic)? Then as adult you could get hookshot and use them to HSJ back into shadow instead of doing IC.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 08:09:28 PM »

I think that you are overthinking this... Poe Hover as adult after hookshot. You can then complete the dungeon without having to come back.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »

http://pastebin.com/e4Kpyx1X New route.
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:33 PM »

AKA 5 Boss lol.

LAXYXY
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »

Should RI cs skips as adult link be aloud? I mean it doesn't really "wrong warp" you anywhere.

LAXYXY
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »

I say no because technically it is a wrong warp because you aren't warping into the CS as you ought to.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 12:23:14 AM »

I vote no to keep consistent with the n64 version.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: