ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Redesign Discussion  (Read 18847 times)
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 04:35:13 AM »

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »

Holy shit

DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 12:16:52 AM »

2nd is like a File Select screen, with the spots for the file slots and the tabs for Copy, Erase, and Options items (assuming it is oot file select style) being the buttons for the different tabs.
Now that's an amazing rendition right there! Originally, I was thinking

•Games
 extends out to show all games in an arrangement like if the games were items
•News
extends out to show news & feed
•Leaderboards
like 'games' but links to leaderboard pages

•Forum
•IRC
•YouTube

But still that is just awesome. I think that my second suggestion just beat my original idea in every way. Still have yet to see what the final result will be, however...
Also once we decide what the buttons will say (if my design is chosen), I'll create and name a bunch of files just to take pictures of them to use, to add more to the feeling like it is directly from one of the games.

SOLD OUT
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

I kind of don't like it because I want more focus on the news section. Also, the font on the affiliates looks far too small. I think I like TimpZ's layout the best, but it needs just a bit of tweaking.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:07:28 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »

Well, the News could always be set prominently in the center. That would be really easy, and would make it more prominent, and better for viewing the news anyway.

SOLD OUT
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »

Pretty sure that's cosmo's old design idea. I agree that there needs to be a larger focus on news.  This way new users coming to the site can see the latest activity in zelda speed running (WRs, new tricks, etc.) without having to browse Trick Research topics or click through multiple leaderboard pages.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »

How about this, it does give a large amount of room for news:

(incase imgur doesn't save the edit I made, there should be a twitter feed area below the site affiliates)
That's what I meant by prominently in the center.

SOLD OUT
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »

AAAAAAAAAhh my eyes Cool thats better.
Keep the background black and give the buttons a outline. Looks much better that way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »

It was just a prototype for the layout. The colors would still be roughly the same as this: http://cosmo.dreamhosters.com/junk/mockupthing.jpg
I just drafted my picture to give a hopefully better layout for it. And it was in MS paint as I wanted it to be quick and simple (GIMP is slow at loading).

SOLD OUT
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear I was just posting one of Cosmo's mockups from 2009.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: