ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:14:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Redesign Discussion  (Read 18851 times)
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »

We should redesign the site so the OoT 3D page is up to date

Topic: We should also have a link to the site's YouTube channel, that would be nifty.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 04:06:54 AM »

Perhaps if there were a link to the OoT 3D page it would be up to date right now Angry

It would be really funny if someone took the picture keeta drew and used it as the front page image. XD

Seriously though. OoT 3D page needs updates please

Actually, OoT3D isn't the only section that isn't linked. ALttP and SS both aren't on there. Keeping the pages up to date actually takes some time. If someone decides to do it, then it'll get done. I don't think it truly needs to be updated. It would be nice, but still. Also, you've mentioned this multiple times. Your point has gotten across.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »

Guess you're right... Sorry all. I'm being a brat about that. I apologize. It's just difficult to find good glitches and timesavers in the R&D threads. That's what the pages are supposed to be for. I'll stop posting about that. I apologize once again for being a conceited brat.

I will delete the posts about this that I made here, including this one.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »

Nah, don't beat yourself up. I don't think it's been updated in a while. No need to delete posts.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »

I like the idea of not having to manually type in the URL's to every other page I visit on this site as if it was 1994 or something. Here's my suggestion for a more user friendly front page:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:25:21 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »

That twitter feed.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

That twitter feed.

Further evidence that Cosmo = ZFG.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:30:34 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

They/She/He is/are really crap at hiding it.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »

M upside down=W Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »

I don't think we have pages for most of those games...
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

That looks good, but it still doesn't have a link to the YouTube channel. Also, a little bit of color would be nice.

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

lol dat breaking news. Nice layout Timpz! Smiley

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 01:41:39 AM »

I don't think we have pages for most of those games...

I know we don't but new games come out all the time and we might even put pages for some of them some day. Especially now when Tompa has started working on Wand of Gamelon we should expect to add more pages in the future Wink.

In any case it's just a concept layout, add as many colours you like and take away any game that doesn't have a page. I mainly did that to show if it would work with many game pages, prepping for the future and stuff y'know. But I do believe in buttons with art rather than links or a clickable box over some text. It would be more compact too and could possibly be altered to be more compact if needed in the future without much hassle.

And Norkix, why would we need a link to the youtube channel on the front page when we have it or at least should have on every other trick in the pages? In any case I guess you could put some blue text size ten saying "visit our youtube channel" after the copyright text.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:46:31 AM by TimpZ » Logged

Static
Deku Scrub

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »

I'd like to take a shot at this since you guys need a designer/programmer. I'll try to cook something I can show by the end of the week since I actually have quite a bit of free time. I'll be sure to take any reasonable suggestions, and I have some of my own things in mind. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be on IRC much, so it might be a bit hard to contact me. For anyone wondering, I do have web design experience and have made several websites. I know this site uses ruby, so any server side code will have to be inserted later by maxx since I don't know ruby ;P

I'm giving you three guesses...
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/RandomPersonOnEarth
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 12:59:01 AM »

I'm working on getting familiar with HTML and CSS, and if I get experienced enough I'd like to try working on this. Of course that's an "if", not a "when", so no guarantees unfortunately for me...

I'll get working at it though.
-----
Also, if we should choose a 'dynamic' front page over a 'static' one, I had two potential ideas for how the 'dynamic' part would work:

1st is a Triforce with four buttons on it, which would change tabs between Games, News (including twitter feeds on the side), Leaderboards, and Other (including the rest), and maybe a Forums button below, on a treasure chest (which would be open) (other wise would be in other)

2nd is like a File Select screen, with the spots for the file slots and the tabs for Copy, Erase, and Options items (assuming it is oot file select style) being the buttons for the different tabs.

2 sounds like better flow on the main page to different parts of the site, but 1 would be way less difficult to implement I think.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:06:43 AM by DekuScrub » Logged

SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: