ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: VC Control Stick Mapping  (Read 153056 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
sicko
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »

I have finished a few adapters and will finish the rest tomorrow. After that I'll contact everyone for payment and shipping etc. I'll test the adapters over the weekend and ship them early next week.

I have made an N64 firmware that has OoT, MM, Master Quest and Super Mario 64 mappings + 2 general mappings (with these it's like the Raphnet adapter), so that's what people will get. The GC version has mappings for OoT, MM and Master Quest.
sweet

<aleckermit> HEADSHOT BIATCH
<aleckermit> you just got OWned
<icanspoil> there's online goldeneye?
<aleckermit> DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
<aleckermit> Get yo ass outta Azaroth
Garnitrex
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »

Sounds good! Can't wait to try this out!
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

I should have contacted everyone that messaged me they want to buy an adapter.

I'm gonna make a webpage with info (selecting mappings, updating it, etc.) about the adapters later. I'll also post firmware updates on there.

I'm out of microcontrollers and cases at the moment, but they should arrive soon. So if you decide to place an order right now, you'll have to wait a bit again.  Tongue
sicko
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2013, 06:20:43 AM »

ok i replied

<aleckermit> HEADSHOT BIATCH
<aleckermit> you just got OWned
<icanspoil> there's online goldeneye?
<aleckermit> DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
<aleckermit> Get yo ass outta Azaroth
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »

Hopefully people will start receiving these new adapters soon. I haven't explained how to select the mappings yet.

For the N64 version, hold the corresponding button when plugging in the adapter (in a Wii that's on obviously) to get the corresponding mapping:
D-UP: OoT VC
D-Down: MM VC
D-Right: OoT and MM GC
D-Left: SM64 VC

For the GC version:
D-UP: OoT VC
D-Down: MM VC
D-Right: OoT and MM GC

There's also settings for the triggers for the GC version, by holding L and a corresponding button:
L + D-UP: No modification at all, just one on one conversion.
L + D-Right: VC like triggers in OoT and MM GC
L + D-Down: OoT and MM GC like triggers in VC
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

I can't speak for all of the mappings, but for OoT anyway, this is really amazing. I've always been extremely picky about the joystick and I cannot even tell the difference. Really great work on this whyieyesya!

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »

I can't speak for all of the mappings, but for OoT anyway, this is really amazing. I've always been extremely picky about the joystick and I cannot even tell the difference. Really great work on this whyieyesya!
That's really good to hear! Thanks!
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2014, 02:56:43 AM »

I may have opened up a can of worms by doing this, but I decided to finally bring these adapters up formally at SDA. In the past, I kind of beat around the bush a bit, and since I'm having serious thoughts about running MM again, I felt like I should bring it up again and be as honest, clear, and direct as possible about what these adapters really do and what possible advantages they might have. The topic is here. I know a lot of people here don't care about SDA anymore, but I'd appreciate it if you guys took the time to weigh in, since ZSR obviously allows the adapter and the adapter was primarily made for the N64 zeldas.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »

I may have opened up a can of worms by doing this, but I decided to finally bring these adapters up formally at SDA. In the past, I kind of beat around the bush a bit, and since I'm having serious thoughts about running MM again, I felt like I should bring it up again and be as honest, clear, and direct as possible about what these adapters really do and what possible advantages they might have. The topic is here. I know a lot of people here don't care about SDA anymore, but I'd appreciate it if you guys took the time to weigh in, since ZSR obviously allows the adapter and the adapter was primarily made for the N64 zeldas.
I actually think this is pretty interesting. I'd hate it if my adapters would ruin the fun of people that don't use an adapter (maybe that's also one of the reasons I made a GC version).

Quote from the thread:
As long as it doesn't let you do anything that wouldn't be possible with a stock controller then I don't think it's an issue.
This is of course a tough one. There's only a handful of people that can actually somewhat consistently angle change on VC with a GC controller.

Siglemic
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »

wonderful!!!

A+++++

u my nigga

<+Axon> I should just quit mario and main sonic
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »

This shouldn't affect most of you anyway, since most people in the Zelda/Mario communities don't really care much about SDA anymore anyway. So don't yell at me for this; you guys can still use the adapter regardless of what SDA says.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:22:06 AM by ING-X » Logged

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime