ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 01:48:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: VC Control Stick Mapping  (Read 153282 times)
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »

Price will be about 25$ with shipping, but I haven't fully decided yet. It's not gonna differ a lot from this estimate though. Tongue Shipping to the UK also isn't a problem. Hopefully I receive the PCBs this week.

The adapter is really good for OoT and aims for N64 like controls. I don't know the mapping for Mario 64 at the moment, but I can probably include it. My current firmware does have a universal mapping, which is exactly like Raphnet's adapter in order to make every game work. That one seemed to work fine for Mario 64 for me, because you don't really seem to need that much precision.
Zak
Deku Scrub

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:44 PM »

Price will be about 25$ with shipping, but I haven't fully decided yet. It's not gonna differ a lot from this estimate though. Tongue Shipping to the UK also isn't a problem. Hopefully I receive the PCBs this week.

The adapter is really good for OoT and aims for N64 like controls. I don't know the mapping for Mario 64 at the moment, but I can probably include it. My current firmware does have a universal mapping, which is exactly like Raphnet's adapter in order to make every game work. That one seemed to work fine for Mario 64 for me, because you don't really seem to need that much precision.
Thanks for the reply, sounds good, I'll definitely wait for your one. Yeah, the Raphnet adapter is fine for Mario 64, Siglemic is using one for 70-Star Mario 64 VC runs now so hopefully the universal mapping on yours can work as good as the Raphnet one.

Are you still planning on having a connector where people can reprogram/update it themselves without soldering (as mentioned earlier in the thread)? That would be a really nice feature even if it makes the adapter more expensive.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:02:19 PM by ZakO » Logged
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »

I received the PCBs and they are working like they should. This means I am probably selling them within a week (N64 version). I still want to test everything a bit and I'm also gonna check if the Z-button really has a one frame delay. The GC version is gonna take a bit longer, because I still need to find time to optimise the control stick feeling.

Thanks for the reply, sounds good, I'll definitely wait for your one. Yeah, the Raphnet adapter is fine for Mario 64, Siglemic is using one for 70-Star Mario 64 VC runs now so hopefully the universal mapping on yours can work as good as the Raphnet one.

Are you still planning on having a connector where people can reprogram/update it themselves without soldering (as mentioned earlier in the thread)? That would be a really nice feature even if it makes the adapter more expensive.
If it was practical I would have certainly done it. The problem is that heatshrink is the best I can do to give the adapter some sort of case.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »

OK, the current firmware has the following mappings: OoT VC, MM VC, OoT GC (convenient for Master Quest). It also offers the mappings the Raphnet adapters has, of which one is more sensitive than the other.

If anyone has any suggestions for the firmware, I'd love to hear it (offer different mappings for instance). I can probably sell them after this weekend. If you are interested in one, you can send me a PM. The adapter is 25$ with shipping.
JSamson
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »

I had a raphnet adaptor for running DK64 & SM64 it was good but I lost it, I was going to buy another but want to start running Zelda MM too so this sounds like a better option. Will it have levels of adjustable analog stick sensitivity like the raphnet adaptor, e.g hold d-left / hold d-right while connecting, or just two profiles with different sensitivity? Did you look at the potential issue mentioned by Vulpone too? Sorry if I sound like I'm being fussy just checking because I can't solder to update if any problems are fixed later.

thanks
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:53 PM »

OoT and MM each have their own special mapping to make it feel like on N64. The controls on the N64 are perfect imo, so adding a sensitivity setting is useless. It would also probably ruin ess, so there isn't really a point for it. The adapter also comes with two universal mappings that are about the same as the two mappings the Raphnet adapter offers (the two sensitivity settings the Raphnet adapter offers). You can select a mapping by holding a certain button on the controller while plugging in the adapter. Here's a list of the mappings and the corresponding button to be pressed:

OoT VC - D-up
MM VC - D-down
OoT GameCube (maybe handy for people that still play MQ?) - D-left
Universal mapping - D-right
Universal mapping that is more sensitive - L

I'm 100% sure the issue Vulpone mentions isn't the case. If it was the case it would also have to happen for other buttons. I also hooked up the adapter to some measurement equipment to verify it.

Edit: I actually think I understand your post better now. As far as I know the Raphnet adapter only has two sensitivity settings, which correspond to the universal mappings I included.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:12:34 PM by whyieyesya » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »

The Raphnet adapter actually has 3 sensitivity settings - "low" sensitivity (d-pad left, actually a direct mapping of GC inputs to N64 inputs), "normal" sensitivity (no input on startup, the sensitivity is increased to better fit the N64 controller), and "high" sensitivity (d-pad right, more sensitive than the other 2 [iirc it's twice as sensitive as "low" sensitivity]).

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »

In that case I included normal and high sensitivity. These pretty much work for any game. I don't know which ones you would prefer to have included ING-X? I could look if I could also include the low sensitivity one, but it might not fit, because the MM-fix takes up a lot of space.

I need better heat shrink to pack the adapter in, so it's gonna take a bit longer.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »

Yeah, low sensitivity is pretty useless since you can barely reach full running speed on it.

Really wanna get this ASAP  Tongue

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Zak
Deku Scrub

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »

Any update on this? Really looking forward to getting one, I hate the Gamecube controller and would love to have an accurate n64 adapter. (sorry if I'm being impatient Tongue)
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »

I'll be selling them this coming week. Everything arrived finally. It's been taking too long lol.

GC version will be worked on in two weeks, because I have exams.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 11:00:03 PM »

sorry if i'm beating a dead horse, but any progress on the gc version? Smiley
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:58 AM »

I'll probably be working on it this week. I noticed a few problems with it, like being unable to backwalk in MM when pulling stick straight down and for some reason I can't seem to get the spirit cutscene skip. This could take some time to fix, because I want to test it thoroughly.

Edit: I don't have time to finish the GC one for now. It will be finished eventually, because I prefer GC controller. I'll probably finish it in a few weeks when I have holidays.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:32:19 PM by whyieyesya » Logged
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2013, 02:19:09 AM »

hi i would possibly like to buy one of these adapters how much does it cost?

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »

They are 25$ with shipping included. If you're interested in buying one you can send me a message.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: