ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:28:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: VC Control Stick Mapping  (Read 149385 times)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »

I would recommend talking to petrie911 about getting the actual mapping table. It is not a linear function at all.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »

Allright I am pretty certain I have found the mapping table for MM. It can be found hereGrin

This was done with a PAL wad from MM in Dolphin by looking at certain memory addresses with "memory hacking software". The data I retrieved lines up with the data I found in my last post (N64 value 16 is GC value 30 for instance), so I am pretty certain I read the right memory addresses. Only problem there could be is that PAL and NTSC don't have the same mapping. I don't think this is the case though. Right now I am testing the converter with Darkeye's MM mod on my Wii. I use Darkeye's mod, because I found it really hard to find a legit NTSC wad for MM, most of them are injects into the PAL version (which the WAD I tested in Dolphin and I got the mapping from could very well be too (filename says NTSC, but Dolphin says PAL  Roll Eyes)).
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »

Good shit. If I may make a recommendation, have it so that holding up on the dpad while starting the adapter triggers the oot mapping and holding down triggers mm mapping (similar to how holding left/right changes sensitivity on the existing adapter).

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

Good shit. If I may make a recommendation, have it so that holding up on the dpad while starting the adapter triggers the oot mapping and holding down triggers mm mapping (similar to how holding left/right changes sensitivity on the existing adapter).
I was thinking about the same thing. It should fit in the microcontroller.

Unfortunately I have exams next week, so I will be working on the code (needs to be cleaned up a little, maybe add features) the week after that. I don't know yet how I will do the fabrication of this adapter (no clue how much people want one), but I think I will put on a connector so you can reprogram it yourself (programmer is a usb device you can get for 3 bucks from ebay). This way eventual bugs or better mappings (though I am sure mm is correct now too) can be programmed on it and it could be reprogrammed for other games than Zelda.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

Good shit. I look forward to finally seeing this happen.

whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »

Just a quick update. Code is pretty much finished. OoT mapping can be selected by holding D-Pad up when powering on the adapter and MM mapping can be selected by holding D-Pad down. I still want to test Majora's Mask a little more to see if the Japanese, US and PAL release feel the same.

Right now I am in the process of designing the circuit boards, so people can actually buy it. 
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 03:51:29 PM »

! Cool stuff.  Cheesy

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »

Good shit. It'll be cool to finally be able to play MM with both good controls AND no lag Grin

Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »

Wait, are you actually making a brand new controller or just a code to fix the sensitivity?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »

It's a new version of the N64->VC adapter with a new code to counteract the VC emulator's control stick mapping (the VC emulator remaps the control stick for the GC and Classic controllers which does not translate well to an N64 control stick).

Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »

My N64 sticks are already broken so I'll need to get one of those as well. How much is the adapter?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »

You need to use your own N64 controller for the adapter, it doesn't come with one.

playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »

Quick question, will there be anyway to put the code onto an existing adapter that I own without having to buy a new one or no? Just wondering, if I need to buy another adapter it's fine with me but it'd be nice to not have to buy another one.
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »

You need to use your own N64 controller for the adapter, it doesn't come with one.

I know, I just didn't mean it like that  Tongue Where can I buy a coded N64 adapter though and how much is it?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »

The new adapter isn't made yet, so you'll have to wait until it's finished. You can get adapters from http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/x2wii/index_en.php but they're pretty expensive and they don't have the stick fix (which makes the VC version feel really clunky compared to N64, exactly what we're trying to fix with the new version).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: